Between the Trees

It's where we're all living: between these trees {And the Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground - trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:9)} and this one {On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations (Revelation 22: 1-2)}.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Watching the Leaves Grow

Baby Girl just came and led me by the hand, eyes closed (mine, not hers), to the little tree in the backyard. "Look, Mama, it's growing leaves!" "Do you know what that means?" I asked. "Yes! Spring is als-most (her dialect) here!"

Following me back inside to coax the puppy out again with her, she announced, "I'm gonna go back and watch the leaves grow!"

Pure serendipity - that's what I always say this surprise-happy-40th-birthday-baby girl is. As she so often does, she has again innocently drawn my vision out of the tunnel of I'm-so-far-behind-must-get-this-done-today into the open air of in-spite-of-all-that-did-or-might-happen spring is als-most here, and it is full of wonder, and sometimes the most necessary thing we can do is watch the leaves grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment